• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

    ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

    Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

    From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

    Jake
  • Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Loud buzzing sound, turned off ..... when turned on no sound but no microwave energy either

nitebeatdisco

Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2012
Messages
1
Location
New Zealand
Model Number
mp-9482s
Brand
LG
Age
1-5 years
Microwave (model is LG solorDOM mp-9482s) made loud buzzing sound a few seconds into using it, I promptly turned it off.
Later I retried it and it no longer made the noise, but is no longer heating.
No arching or burning smells noticed.

My guess is its a high side fault, but not sure the best way to isolate the defective component.
 
Top