FIXED Loud continual squeal SHE43P02UC/60

mc510

Premium Member
Model
SHE43P02UC/60
Brand
Bosch
Near the beginning of a cycle tonight, dishwasher began to make a loud -- I don't know the right word to describe it -- moderately pitched squeal/squeak/buzz. Cycle is currently still running, seems to be continuing through its steps normally. Noise continues even if I power off the unit. I hope it stops when the cycle stops! I'll try to attach a WAV file of the sound that it's making. View attachment fs_286 (online-audio-converter.com).wav

Something stuck in the impeller?

mc510

Premium Member
Huh, at nine minutes remaining in the cycle it suddenly stopped.

Whoops, just started up again; seven minutes left.

Stopped again at four minutes.

Started again right before the end of the cycle. Cycle ended, noise continues. Water in bottom. Unplugged machine and noise continues! WTF? Is this thing haunted? How do I make it stop?

Last edited:

mc510

Premium Member
Oh, water is rising in bottom. Turned off household water supply and noise stopped. Some internal valve is broken/jammed open?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You mean the old water inlet valve was making that noise? And that was the whole problem?

Jake

mc510

Premium Member
Well, that's the only thing that I replaced, and I've done one load with no problems. I hope that was the whole problem!

Are you saying that it's surprising that such a loud noise would be caused by the valve, suspecting that perhaps something else (impeller?) was making noise? I initially thought impeller, but since the noise didn't go away when I unplugged the unit, and did go away when I turned off the water, that seems to narrow it down to the valve, right?

Please tell me that I don't still have a problem that's going to pop up when I run the washer tonight!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, I don't think I ever remembering hearing a bad water inlet valve sound like that before, but as they say, when you've think you've seen it all, LOL.

I think your dishwasher will be fine if its already gone through one load perfectly after and you replaced the water inlet valve.:)

Jake