• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LPXS30866D/00 LG fridge not dispensing water and no making ice - when try to dispense leaking from filter

piva84

Premium Member
Model Number
LPXS30866D/00
Brand
LG
Hi I have a LG fridge model LPXS30866D/00.

Two months ago had stopped dispensing water and making ice.

I've replaced the main water inlet valve, the secondary inlet valve on the door, the filter.
I've tried to empty the water tank behind the door and checked after few minutes and it was full again so the water is reaching the tank.

The orange and blue tube bribing water dispenser and ice machine are not clogged.

If I try to dispense water the water start leaking thought the water filter inside the fridge door, like the water instead of going to the dispenser is going in the opposite direction to the tank and filter.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

piva84

Premium Member
UPDATE

I've fixed the leak. I didn't install correctly the oring between the valve and the water tank.
I've used a magnet to trick the door sensor and what was happening is that if I was actioning the water dispenser apparently the valve was trying to pull the water from the tank but somehow it couldn't go through the valve.

What could be the reason for that?!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to hear you fixed the leak.(y)

I've used a magnet to trick the door sensor and what was happening is that if I was actioning the water dispenser apparently the valve was trying to pull the water from the tank but somehow it couldn't go through the valve.

What could be the reason for that?!
Possibly air in the water tube lines, I always draw 10 full glasses of water from the water dispenser to clear the air out of the water lines.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sorry, I misunderstood. Since you already replaced the water inlet valve in the back of the refrigerator and the water inlet valve in the door, then lets make sure the water pressure is strong going to the refrigerator.

Pull the refrigerator out from the wall, turn the water off to your refrigerator, then remove the water supply line to the water inlet valve on your refrigerator, then get a bucket to catch water in, then put the water supply line in the bucket and turn it on and watch how fast it goes out, it should come out full force with lots of pressure.

Let us know what you find.

Jake

piva84

Premium Member
Hi Jake, yeah I had tried that already and the water has certainly enough pressure.

What I'm not trying to check if the dispenser controlling board is getting power or the cable has somehow got broken inside the door.
I should have found the hot cable but it's not simple to get the probes inside the connectors to check the continuity.

What do you think?

Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, you should be getting voltage to the water inlet valves.

Use this trick if your meter probes are too big:
safety pin 500x250.jpg

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.