• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LRE30453ST/01 LG Oven/Broiler won't shut off!

LindaWI

Premium Member
Model Number
LRE30453ST
Brand
LG
My LG oven Model #LRE 30453ST /01 has become a problem since I last used the oven self-clean feature. The oven (both convection and regular) and broiler turn on and keep temperatures just fine. The problem begins when I go to turn off the oven or broiler! I push the Cancel/Off button, there is no click and the oven remains on. The only way to shut it off is to either unplug the entire range (or easier to go flip the circuit breaker)!

I checked with LG (originally to find a repair person) and they also checked the model and it is not included in any of their numerous recalls. It is over 125 miles one way to get an authorized LG repairman here, so that option is out!

My husband ordered what he thought was the part that would work (Oven control board OEM part # EBR74632605), but this did not change the problem (and thankfully could be returned).

I know I don't bake often, but he has given up searching and I really don't want to keep turning off the circuit! If I can find the correct part, he will install it!

Any help or suggestion is appreciated!

LindaWI

Premium Member
Thank you! The only problem is that is exactly the part I just returned that did not change anything, which means my original post had the wrong part number that we tried.

This is my part number of my return authorization: 6871W1N012B

Now I am really confused, but the photo looks identical to the part we tried with no success.

LindaWI

Premium Member
Thank you for your help. I had an appliance repair man out and the part needed is the range control panel and overlay. Unfortunately, on my 6 year old LG convection range, it is no longer available. Life is NOT good for this LG consumer (it will be my last purchase of their brand anything)!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's very odd, I've replaced many of the relay boards for this problem and it fixed all of the ones for my customers.

The self-clean must of damaged it due to the excessive heat.

Your right its No Longer Available: Touchpad and Control Panel 383EW1N006N

That's another reason I don't like LG or Samsung either!

I own a Maytag range and not a single problem with it in over 10 years.

I'd go shopping for Maytag or Whirlpool. Both are very reliable.

Jake