• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LRE30453ST/01 LG Stove Not Heating to set Temperature

zmjames6

Model Number
LRE30453ST/01
Brand
LG
I have an LG Electric Range that is 4 years old Model #LRE30453ST /01. When I set the temperature at 350 degrees, it will only get up to about 315 to 330 degrees on the display. My actual thermometer in the oven only says about 300 degrees.

I have checked the temperature sensor with a multimeter and it was right around 1,100 ohms. Even so, I went ahead and replaced it and it didn't work. I checked the heating element and it looks fine. I don't see any marks or damage on it and it glows orange. I also tested it with the multimeter and it was between 14 and 15 ohms. Not sure if this means anything as I have read several different articles on what it should be at. Any help you can offer would be great. Thanks!

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
The elements, bake, broil, and surface, are like a light bulb. They are either good or bad. If you replaced the sensor and that didn't solve the problem, that just leaves the main PCB. Check the solder joints on the back of the board at CN6 (oven sensor) and see if they look cracked or burned. If so just solder the joints. If they look good replace the main PCB:
EBR74632605 Pcb Assy

FYI- There is a temperature adjustment built into that range but the maximum adjustment is either -35*F or +35*F and that still won't get you to 350*

wildimaginations

Appliance Tech
Call LG customer service at 800 243 0000. There is a problem with certain serial numbers of this model and they should be able to help replace the control board for free under a rework program. The problem is with the surface burners not being able to turn off once you push the off button on the control. Just claim that the burner won't turn off and they will have their technicians come out and replace the control board under an extended warranty.