• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LRE3083ST LG Electric Oven Not Heating to Correct Temp

krisdurb

Premium Member
Model Number
LRE3083ST
Brand
LG
I have an LG oven that is approximately 6 years old that is not heating to the correct temperature. The oven pre-heats in the normal amount of time and says that it has heated fully, then does a normal re-heat cycle. This is the case for both convection and regular bake. I have manually adjusted the temperature to the maximum 35 degrees, but the oven continues to gradually deviate from the correct temperature. The temperature does not fluctuate once it gets to the temperature it thinks it needs to be at. The symptoms are that the oven was not cooking properly and I have verified the temperature with a precision oven thermometer.

I also replaced the thermostat, thinking that the resistance reading was not correct, but the problem is identical with the new thermostat.

My next thought is the computer board. I wouldn't think it was the heating coil, because the problem isn't with the oven getting hot -- it is with the oven reading the temperature correctly. Am I correct?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I also replaced the thermostat, thinking that the resistance reading was not correct,
Are you referring to the oven sensor? It should be around 1100Ω at room temperature. Check both elements for continuity.

krisdurb

Premium Member
Yes, the temperature sensor. I would love to check resistance on the probes, but the included wiring harness has needle sized holes. No multimeter probe can fit in there and even the smallest copper wire cannot fit in there as an extension too. I tried. Bought the new sensor and same behavior, so pretty sure it's not the sensor.

krisdurb

Premium Member
Also, your attached link to a PCB -- that is most certainly the wrong PCB for this model.

rickgburton

Staff member

krisdurb

Premium Member
View attachment 53771

It most certainly is not. Unless you gave me the wrong model number.
Beating a dead horse here. Already tried that and still won't fit in the harness. But once again, that's why I bought a NEW sensor. Not a coincidence that the behavior is EXACTLY the same, so I think we can put that to bed.

And yes, it most certainly is. The correct PCB is model EBR741648 and yes, the model in the post is correct. I am sorry your website is wrong. But no context as to why you shared that anyways. Are you saying it's likely the PCB? If so, just say that.

rickgburton

Staff member
Wow, you're an ornery cuss!
I know you replaced the sensor. I can read. I was only showing you a way to get into tight places using a safety pin.
Already tried that and still won't fit in the harness
You're the only one so you must be doing something wrong. Maybe you're in the wrong spot. They make different size pins.
But no context as to why you shared that anyways.
Because you said:
My next thought is the computer board.
Did you forget that thought?
Are you saying it's likely the PCB? If so, just say that.
I thought I did say that
It should be around 1100Ω at room temperature. Check both elements for continuity.
I said if the sensor is good, and the elements are good, that's the only thing it can be.
I am sorry your website is wrong.
We don't have a parts website.
And yes, it most certainly is. The correct PCB is model EBR741648
MOST CERTAINLY IS NOT YOU ORNERY SOB.....
6c2ba386.x120.gif
But since you're obviously not going to listen to me, look it up yourself.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Firefighter1230

Premium Member
Hey Rick. I’ve seen a few issues on here. I also have an LRE3083ST. No oven heating at all. No preheat no broil. A few of the other threads I’ve looked at makes me suspect the pcb that you mentioned earlier. I don’t have any manuals for it. Is there a diagnostic chart to check out before throwing a $300 board at it? Or do you suspect that to be the case? Could it be the relay board also mentioned in this thread? Thanks for any info!

rickgburton

Staff member
I don't have the wiring diagram for that model. Check for 220 VAC at the relay board then check your output voltage to the relays.

rickgburton

Staff member