• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED LRG3081ST LG Range - Gas Oven Intermittently Loses Temp

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesSThompson

Premium Member
Model Number
LRG3081ST
Brand
LG
Oh great oven repair magicians, I have a LG Gas stove that recently is not holding temp consistently. Sometimes it holds temp, sometimes it does not. Usually what happens is after it heats up to temp and we put in food it just drops temp. If I reset the temp, it will show at 260 or whatever and stay there and never reheat the oven to the new set temp. Other times it will reheat. Seems to be random as far as I can tell.

In looking at other threads on here, I replaced the control board a few weeks ago, LG EBR60969206 and today, the Temperature Sensor Probe. Although I thought that the control board had fixed the problem, the stove decided to stop working on Thanksgiving morning. Fun! After replacing the temp sensor, at least it failed almost immediately after reaching the correct temp. Set oven to 400, after it reached the temp, confirmed by an oven thermometer, I opened the oven for about a minute and then closed it. The thermometer in the oven stayed at 300 degrees for the next 5 minutes with the oven closed. Turned the oven off, and set it to 400. It showed 260 for the next 30 minutes. Reset it again, and it heated to 400 this time. Needless to say, never quite know how long it is going to take to bake something because no recipe I can find says Bake at ??? for 30 minutes.

Getting pretty tired of spending money on this stove, but hope there is something else I can do other that throwing it out on the front lawn. Any other parts I can replace?

Thanks in advance!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
How long is the oven bake ignitor glow bar taking to light the gas when you first turn on the oven?

The problem is possibly the oven bake glow bar igniter itself is getting weak. It should take about 45 seconds and no longer than 60 seconds to light the gas. Time it with your stopwatch.:)

What happens is when you turn on the bake cycle the igniter should draw 3.2-3.6 amps to properly open the oven safety valve for bake. It sounds like its working fine on the first heat up cycle, but not after that, thus the oven temperature drops.

Here's the BAKE glow bar igniter for your model:
MEE61841401 Ignitor

Jake

JamesSThompson

Premium Member
I appreciate the help. The first replacement Ignitor was broken in shipping. After I received and installed the second one, the stove is working perfectly! Very happy!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent James, glad the new ignitor fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.