LRG3085ST LG Range inop on Convection but Bake Works?

Rxzruby

Premium Member
Model Number
LRG3085ST
Brand
LG
Issue: Oven does not ignite on Convection Bake (C.B.), oven works on all other settings - Bake, Broil, etc.
This started about 4 months ago and was intermittent but now the C.B. does not work 100%. all other settings work.

Manufactured Date: May 2015
Bought and Installed: June 2015

Rxzruby

Premium Member
Well great.
Now I cant get any bake function to work. The broiler works but now I am dead in the water as far as cooking anything.

HELP, Thank you.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

I can't locate the tech. data sheet or service manual for this model.

When it does not Convection Bake and Bake does the display board do anything? Does it say its heating and nothing is happening?

Its either a bad oven control board or a bad relay board and without the tech. data sheet or service manual its impossible to tell which is bad, so you'd have to order one at a time or order both and send the one you don't need back for a full refund, less shipping.

Here's the oven control board for your model:
EBR73811703 Pcb Main Assy

Here's the relay board for your model:
Oven Control Board EBR52349704

Jake

Rxzruby

Premium Member
Hello Jake and thanks for replying!
The board just sits there and reads 100* and states it’s pre-heating, just as it should if it was working. No error codes or nothing. It does release gas because we can smell it.
As I stated in my 2nd post, it is now effecting the normal Bake function. So now, only the Broiler function works.

Thanks again,
Michael

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Michael,

How long is the oven bake ignitor glow bar taking to light the gas when you first turn on the oven?

The problem is the oven igniter itself is likely weak. It should take about 45 seconds and no longer than 60 seconds to light the gas.

What happens is when you turn on either the bake or convection bake cycle the igniter should draw 3.2-3.6 amps to properly open the oven safety valve for bake or convection bake.

If you'd like to check it, use an Clamp style Amp Probe around one of the igniter wires. You're looking for 3.2 to 3.6 amps.

OR

Here's a diagram Rick made that shows you how to test for 3.2-3.6 amps for the bake cycle. You can use a multimeter to check for 3.2-3.6 amps when its on the bake cycle and see what reading you get.

(click to enlarge)
Oven Igniter Test DMM.jpg

Here's the oven igniter for your model:
MEE61841401 Ignitor

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Rxzruby

Premium Member
When it lights, it lights immediately, when it doesn't light, it never lights.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
No, I mean set your oven on bake at 350 then press start, then open the oven door and watch for a orange glow at the bottom of your oven, time how long it takes from when you first start the oven on bake and the time you hear the gas flame coming out.

If you can't see the orange glow from the bake ignitor glow bar, then remove the bottom access panel to view it.

Jake

Rxzruby

Premium Member
Jake, it does not ignite anymore.
I just timed the broiler function and it ignites within 2 seconds. the bake function (when it worked) ignited within that same time as well. but now it is no longer igniting.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, see if your getting 120 volts to it when you set the oven on bake.

Just remove the bake ignitor from the electrical connector it plugs into, then put your multimeter probes in that electrical connector and watch your meter for 120 volts when its on bake.

Jake