• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LRG3093ST00 LG Range Oven - Very slow to heat up

davidleehall2

Model Number
LRG3093ST
Brand
LG
Hey,
Hello to all
We are looking for some advice. Our LG range oven LRG3093ST00 is giving us some problems.
Very slow to heat up..takes about 45 minutes to get to 300
We are getting the F11 error code occasionally

Trouble shooting I have done already:

• I have removed the bottom panel to expose the burner and the glow plug/ignitor
  • Here’s what happens:
  • I start the bake process
  • I see the glow plug glow white hot
  • It takes about three minutes and then the ignitor ignites strongly for about 3-5 seconds and then it dies down to barely lit

I guess my question is:
What components need to be replaced to resolve this problem

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Sorry for the delay, swamped with work this weekend.

The problem is the oven igniter itself is likely weak. It should take about 45 seconds and no longer than 60 seconds to light the gas.

What happens is when you turn on either the bake or broil cycle the igniter should draw 3.2-3.6 amps to properly open the oven safety valve for bake or broil.

If you'd like to check it, use an Clamp style Amp Probe around one of the igniter wires. You're looking for 3.2 to 3.6 amps.

OR

Here's a diagram Rick made that shows you how to test for 3.2-3.6 amps for the bake cycle. You can use a multimeter to check for 3.2-3.6 amps when its on the bake cycle and see what reading you get.

Oven Igniter Test DMM.jpg

Here's the oven igniter for your model:
MEE61841401 Ignitor

Jake

hippoeatsrocks

Premium Member
i have the same oven.

it heats up very slowly - took 40 minutes to get to 400 tonight.

Jake - is my problem identical? with same fix?

dum question - how come it gets hot at all, if the ignitor is the problem?

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You have the exact same model number LRG3093ST00?

What's happening is the ignitor itself is just heating up, and the gas flame is not coming on, do you see a orange glow in the bottom of the oven when its ON bake?

Jake

hippoeatsrocks

Premium Member
Took bittim shield panel off oven to watch the ignitir and burner, as explained in your very giid video. Was easy to take apart, tnx.

Ignitor glows orange, but not a hit whute looking glow .

Used a stopwatch, and it took 86 seconds for gas to come on the burner tube. Looks normal at all tiny port holes with flame when it finally did come on.

From what i gather from your posts, this slow to flame on burner, and an orange, but not white hot glowing ignitor, is a strong sign that the ignitor is bad, right?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, correct, order the bake ignitor.

Jake

wolfman2

I have problem with my LG3093ST. It takes long time to heat (bake) the oven... like 300 degree in about 40 minutes and sometime never reach to certain temperature. I checked the igniter, it did glow and the burner lighted... but the flame didnt stay long... The flame stay for about 3 seconds then goes out for few seconds then flame came back on and stay for another 3 seconds and so forth. Why did the flames goes out and then back? I tested the igniter and it shows that it read 365 ohms. (according to service manual, it should be 0-100 ohms) and tested sensor and it read 910 ohms (which is acceptable level). Does this sound like problem with igniter? it doesn't make sense, because it did ignited the burner. Please help me out here. I'm at loss.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I tested the igniter and it shows that it read 365 ohms. (according to service manual, it should be 0-100 ohms)
That's the problem, its the bake ignitor. The bake ignitor controls the gas valve.

Order and replace the bake ignitor and you'll be back in business. I posted the link to the bake ignitor in post#2 above.

Jake