• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED LRG3095ST LG oven will not maintain temperature

katkirch

Model Number
LRG3095ST
Brand
LG
When I pre-heat my oven (Model #: LRG3095ST) to start, it will always preheat but it won't maintain the temperature most of the time (sometimes it will work). The display stills show the temperature I set it at but I will notice food not cooking so I will turn off the oven and try to turn it on to the same temperature again and it will show that the temperature has dropped. But it then will not pre-heat to get back up to the temperature I set it at even after turning it off and turning it back on. The temperature just continues to drop. Once it has cooled off enough or been off for long enough, it will then ignite again and turn on to pre-heat.

I can see the light glowing on the bottom but it just never turns on again. I timed how long it took the oven to ignite after starting the pre-heat and it took 3 minutes 35 seconds so I'm thinking the problem is the igniter. Is there a way for me to know for sure before I order the part? Is there anything else I should check?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The problem is the oven igniter itself is likely weak. It should take about 45 seconds and no longer than 60 seconds to light the gas.

What happens is when you turn on either the bake or broil cycle the igniter should draw 3.2-3.6 amps to properly open the oven safety valve for bake or broil.

If you'd like to check it, use an Clamp style Amp Probe around one of the igniter wires. You're looking for 3.2 to 3.6 amps.

OR

Here's a diagram Rick made that shows you how to test for 3.2-3.6 amps for the bake cycle. You can use a multimeter to check for 3.2-3.6 amps when its on the bake cycle and see what reading you get.

Oven Igniter Test DMM.jpg

Here's the oven igniter for your model:
MEE61841401 Ignitor

Jake

douknowme9

Premium Member
I have the same exact problem for the same exact model. Some other threads with a similar problem (but different model) have suggested replacing the temperature sensor or the relay control board. I've tried the former to no avail. I still need to figure out which control board to replace (it looks like out model has two board - power and main). I'll also look into the igniter as well.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Always first do the amp test on the bake ignitor so we can eliminate that as the culprit.:)

Bake igniters are the most common part to go bad on gas ovens.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, glad to hear the new igniter fixed it. (y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake