• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED LRG3095SW gas oven won't hold the temperature unless I turn on a gas burner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momo0628

Premium Member
Model Number
LRG3095SW
Brand
LG
When I turn on the oven (Bake > Start) the ignitor glows but won't ignite the flame unless a burner is on. After reading some fixes I ordered a new sensor because that seemed like the easiest place to start. Prior to replacing it we did check it with the meter and it was at 1030. After I reconnected it it seemed to stay at temperature? (strange).

The oven was on for several hours and to check it I periodically turn the oven off and start again. This shows me what temperature it is at in the window. I did it 2 different times and it was at 345 instead of 350. I replaced the sensor yesterday (It was much shorter than the one that came with the stove). Today I turned on the oven to bake (I did have a burner going at first), put bread in, turned the burner off and 20 min later it was down to less than 200 degrees.

When I turned the top burner on and turned the oven back on it heated up and I was able to finish baking what I had to. I put the old sensor back in because that one seemed to hold the temperature better. After I reinstalled the old sensor, I turned the oven on and used a stop watch; the igniter glowed for 3 minutes without the flame starting.

At 3:03 I turned on the stove top burner and the igniter kicked in and the flame started. I was going to order a new igniter but after reading some other feeds I thought I should ask first.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Are you on Natural Gas or Propane?

Does it do the same thing when you set the oven to BROIL? Try it and see.

It sounds like there is a problem with your pressure regulator(governor).

Here it is for your model:
MDW61841001

Jake

Momo0628

Premium Member
Hello Jake,
‘Have natural gas. I actually put the old sensor back in because the new one didn’t hold the temperature at all. The new one was much shorter than the original one, does that make a difference?
I turned it on this morning and was able to bake cookies and it held the temp but this has been going on for over a year.(thought we were redoing our kitchen so I didn’t fix it. lol) The broiler works fine and doesn’t need the burner. Can I take the igniter from the broiler to see if it works in the oven?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, both the BAKE and BROIL glow bar igniters use the exact same part number. If the BROIL ignitor works fine in BAKE after you swap it, then the BAKE ignitor glow bar is the culprit.

Here's the BAKE and BROIL glow bar igniters for your model:
MEE61841401 Ignitor

Jake

Momo0628

Premium Member
Hey Jake, I switched the BAKE and BROIL igniters and my oven keeps the temperature without having to turn on the burner. I wish I would have tried that first instead of paying for a temperature sensor that actually made the situation worse. All in all it was pretty easy to switch the 2 igniters. Thank you for your help!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Momo, good job. (y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Momo0628

Premium Member
Hi Jake!
No congratulations. I am not kidding you as soon as I told you it was good I went to use the oven and now....the igniter is not even glowing and the oven won't turn on. In the past the igniter has always started to glow but it took a while for the flame. The broiler does still work though with no need to have burner on. Any ideas?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's just too weird.

Take the electrical connector off the BAKE ignitor and get a multimeter and put the meter probes in it and turn the oven on BAKE and see if the meter gets 120 volts.

Jake

Momo0628

Premium Member
Hello Jake,
Picked up a new igniter from Canton on Saturday after breaking one. lol The oven works again with the new igniter.
Thank you for all your help!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Status
Not open for further replies.