• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LRG4113ST LG Range Flame Comes Out Convection vent in Back

kmo058

Premium Member
Model Number
LRG4113ST
Brand
LG
IMG_5464.jpgOur LG oven continues to burn food that is towards the rear of the oven due to a flame that comes out the convection fan grille(hopefully you can see the flame). I don't believe this should be happening but we called LG and they said to clean the oven. :wall:The oven is spotless so that can't be the issue. Has anyone else experienced this problem & how to you fix it. Thanks in advance.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Here's the parts diagram for your model: LG Range LRG4113ST / Repair Parts

Sounds like the flame is too big and might need an air adjustment on the manifold or adjustment on the orifice. Open the air shutter on the manifold. Has the range been converted to LP or NAT gas? What is it now?

kmo058

Premium Member
Thanks Rick for responding. It was purchased as a Nat Gas and still is. It has worked fine for approx 2 years but has just started to act up. What do you think happened that the oven has gone out of adjustment??? Now for the adjustment. Where is the manifold located?

rickgburton

Staff member
The manifold is where the flames come out. It sits over the safety valve. The air shutter is the piece that turns.

kmo058

Premium Member
Well, it turns out that LG uses a fan to disperse the flame evenly through the back grill vent. The fan was stuck and all it took was a coat hanger to free it up. Thanks for all your input everyone. Glad it wasn't anything costly.

rickgburton

Staff member
What caused it to stick? If all you did was free it, it will happen again. LG and Samsung have more problems and cause more headaches than you can imagine. The only fan I see in the parts breakdown is the convection fan motor.

kmo058

Premium Member
Rick,
What caused the fan to stick, I have no idea but I'll continue to monitor the issue and have it replaced if it continues to be a problem. The is no bearing noise and the fan spins freely so I'm hoping this problem has resolved itself. Thanks for your help on this.