FIXED LSB6300PW2 Whirlpool Washer won’t spin on cycle

rene

Premium Member
Model Number
LSB6300PW2
Brand
Whirlpool
My washer isn’t spinning when it reaches the spin cycle. The washer drains just fine but just doesn’t spin.

How can I begin to determine the cause? Please help...

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member

rene

Premium Member
Thanks for your prompt response. But the lid switch was recently replaced and seems to work fine in all other cycles. Is there another solution?

rene

Premium Member
It doesn’t spin consistently. I’ve tried changing the setting to other washing cycles and it doesn’t spin theirs either. But all other functions work properly

rickgburton

Staff member
Put it on a small load and see if it will agitate. When it gets to the spin cycle see if it will spin if you give the tub a few pushes.

rene

Premium Member
I put a small load in and the washer spins normal. What could be the cause? Thanks

rene

Premium Member
CORRECTION. It spins fine during the first spin cycle however on the last cycle it struggles. I say it struggles because it starts to spin if I start the rotation of the agitator. Please help. Thanks.

rickgburton

Staff member
Here's the part you need:

Click on the link and there's a video.

rene

Premium Member
PERFECT...! It did the trick! Thanks Rick! Now how do I mark the thread “FIXED”...?

rene

Premium Member
The basket on my whirlpool washer still stalls although the timer continues to advance.

I already replaced the timer and the problem persists. Suggestions?

rene

Premium Member
I’m not sure if the two issues are related but the clutch replacement seemed to have fixed the other issue of the basket not spinning during the spin cycle.

But my new issue is that the basket stops during the “light” cycles on all settings HOWEVER the dial/timer continues to advance. I replaced the timer and that did nothing.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
@rene Like I said before you replaced the timer: Make a video of it doing this and upload it here so we can verify if the timer is the problem, I'm not really following you 100%.

If the video is too big to upload here, you can upload the video to Youtube and post the Youtube link here. Or share your video per Google Drive, Dropbox, or Microsoft OneDrive and post the share link here.

Jake

Last edited:

rickgburton

Staff member
In the light or delicate cycles it agitates for a minute then stops and soaks for a while then maybe another agitate for a minute then soaks then drains.