LSC26905SW - Front Door indicator lights (function display board) not working and Freezer not staying cold enough

agcoleman

Premium Member
Model Number
LSC26905SW
Brand
LG
I have an LG LSC2605SW and the lights on the front aren't working. The only one that lights up is the freezer temp light but pressing the button won't make it move. The buttons will still make a dinging sound when you press them.
The freezer can't keep anything frozen and there is frost on the back wall. The fridge is staying cool but not as cold as it used to.
I replaced the control board about a year ago.
Any ideas?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Here's the part you will need for the front display board lights not working properly:

For the not freezing problem, remove the back panel inside the freezer and see if the entire evaporator coil is covered in massive frost to where you can't see any of the coils. Take a photo of your evaporator coil if you can, then upload the photo here.

Jake

agcoleman

Premium Member
Thanks for the reply Jake! Last night I had went ahead and took the back panel out and the evaporator coil was covered in frost. I used a hair dryer to get rid of all of it. The weird thing is once I got the frost off the evaporator coil the control panel started working again. Should that have made the panel start working? I'll be keeping an eye on it to see if it frosts up again.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The weird thing is once I got the frost off the evaporator coil the control panel started working again. Should that have made the panel start working?
Nope, it shouldn't have.

Yes, let us know if these two problems arise again.

Jake