• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LSC5683WS/02 LG Range - some button (start,timer,time) are not working. please help

alex19199

Premium Member
Model Number
LSC5683WS/02
Brand
LG
LG 2012
model: LSC5683WS/02
control board number: control board: 6871W1N009H

Hello, my problem is some button are not working like the start. Since i tried already to clean the ribbon cable/disconnect,reconnect everything, i know the problem will be the control board or the keypad board assembly. I would like to know how to diagnose which one is the problem. I also have a hard time to find the part number for the keypad board assembly. the look is exactly the same as that one(383EW1N006H) but I dont think it's the right one.
Someone have a idea please ?

ps: sorry for my english

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
I'm afraid I can't find a parts list for that model. Maybe because it's Canadian?

I did find a service manual and it says when some of the buttons don't work, replace the electronic control. If that doesn't fix it, replace the keypad asm.

image.png

image.png

image.png

On some wiring diagrams will show the conectivity matrix of the keypad ribbon connectors. If so, the individual keyboard buttons could be tested. If it isn't there you're likely out of luck as the service manual doesn't show it.

image.jpeg

LINK > https://www.appliancefactoryparts.com/content/pdfs/148174-2.pdf

There's usually a wiring diagram inside the appliance somewhere. It might be in an envelope on the rear of the control console or on some models actually inside the console.

Dan O.

alex19199

Premium Member
Thank you Dan! yeah since a cannot return the electronic control board if i order one, I need to be sure which one is it between electronic control board or keypad. well thank!