• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED LSG4513ST LG Range - oven igniter replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

cb400f

Premium Member
Model Number
LSG4513ST
Brand
LG
I'm trying to replace the oven igniter on a LSG4513ST which is on the back of the oven (not the bottom as all the videos I've seen show). I removed the two outer covers and found the igniter. However, I can't get to the plug for it as it's trapped behind the gas tube that shares the same hole. Is there a way to move the gas tube so I change out the igniter? I didn't see an obvious way to but didn't mess with it too either since I didn't want to damage anything. Thanks in advance!

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

Yours is not like this?

LINK> Oven igniter with wire connector

I can't get to the plug for it as it's trapped behind the gas tube that shares the same hole. Is there a way to move the gas tube so I change out the igniter?

Do you have any pics?

jeff.

cb400f

Premium Member
Here's the pic

Attachments

• IMG_20200626_234839.jpg
    IMG_20200626_234839.jpg
    308.4 KB · Views: 276

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I looked at the parts breakdown yesterday, but have not seen anything like this one before.
Is that connector accessible from the back of the range on the outside back?

That pipe is the burner...but I have no idea how it comes out.....sorry!
Hopefully someone else sees this thread and drops by to offer some help/info.

jeff.

cb400f

Premium Member
Here's a quick follow-up in case anyone else needs it someday. You do have to take the back cover off to change the oven igniter on the LSG4513ST. Once you take the cover off, you'll need a small wrench to loosen the nut for the gas pipe (which you'll also have to unscrew inside the cavity). Then you can move the pipe around enough to feed the new igniter through. Only took about 30 minutes and the oven was back up and running.

marykpfist

Wanted to add a quick pic in case anyone else has trouble with this model. Sorry- not the best camera work- but shows how to fit the ignitor for the bottom oven. (The top oven / broiler has a separate ignitor.)
Unscrew the gas pipe to both fit the ignitor wire- AND while installing as it makes it easier to hook and screw on.

Attachments

• IMG_5277.PNG
    IMG_5277.PNG
    3.9 MB · Views: 116
  • IMG_5276.PNG
    IMG_5276.PNG
    3.3 MB · Views: 118
  • IMG_5275.PNG
    IMG_5275.PNG
    3.1 MB · Views: 117
Status
Not open for further replies.