• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LSSG3017ST/00 LG Gas Range Oven not heating properly

tdbone1

Premium Member
Model Number
LSSG3017ST
Brand
LG
My mom and i recently bought this used off craigslist.
currently i have the oven governor valve to disable gas getting to oven.
only using top part of stove.
could someone please take a look at a video i made and tell me what my problem might be?
im thinking it might be that the gas pressure valve regulator might need adjusted to let more gas flow to oven?

here is the video

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Sorry, too dark and too much reflection for me to see anything. Can you tell me exactly what it's doing?

tdbone1

Premium Member
Did you watch the whole video? I also have audio (me talking) while video is playing.

It looks to me like there isnt enough gas getting to the burner therefore the oven is not reaching correct temperature

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
im thinking it might be that the gas pressure valve regulator might need adjusted to let more gas flow to oven?

There is usually only one regulator that regulates the gas to alll the burners. If it was malfunctioning other burners would usually show some affect as well. There's not usually any adjustments that can be made to it except maybe between NG and LP.

I have never worked on an LG gas range and don't have access to technical information on it so I'm not certain of its exact functioning. If the convection burner is not getting as much gas as it is suppose to, that burner's gas valve may not be opening fully. That could be due to a 'weak' ignitor or less likely, possibly a problem with that burner's gas valve.

How is the broil burner functioning?

Dan O.

tdbone1

Premium Member
very low also compared to some of the videos ive seen on youtube of similar lg stove broiler working

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Than someone might need to look into the possibility of a failing ignitor for that burner. If that wasn't it, a failing oven gas valve (not the 'Governor' aka regulator - which would usually affect all burners).

LINK > LG LSSG3017ST Ignitor, Conv. Burner MEE61841401

I'm not sure if you'd have the necessary tools to actually test it. Such ignitors should usually draw 3.2 - 3.6 amps when fully glowing.

JMO

Dan O.