LTF2140ES0 Frigidaire, spins in diagnostic mode, won't spin in regular mode

JBennett

Premium Member
Model
LTF2140ES0
Brand
Frigidaire
This washer has been a dream for about 14 years. The handle broke off a year ago, but I've had none of the issues with the latch lock. Recently, the washer stopped running the high spin. It wouldn't work in the regular cycle or in the diagnostic. I removed the pump system and ensure no blockages, noticed the shock absorbers had snapped entirely off the tub. I replaced those and the belt, which I noticed was frayed when I installed the new shocks. Still didn't work.

I then reviewed the diagnostic error code: E43, which indicated the main control board. I ordered a new main control board and installed it. The same error code kept coming up. I thought about it a while and then thought that maybe the error code was cached on the machine. So I ran the diagnostic mode again, and the spin cycle worked in the test cycle. Success, or so I thought. I then ran a load of clothes in the regular cycle. The machine did not enter high spin, though I could hear the pump going. So I had a full load of sopping clothes. So I decided to go back into diagnostic mode, and run the high spin test. It worked, though the same error code was returned at the end, E43.

How do I get this working in the regular cycle?

Thanks in advance!

Jason Bennett

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Jason,

FTFB4000FS is only partial model number, that last digit is very important on this model and we need that last digit to assist you properly.

Its one of these two model numbers:
FTFB4000FS0
FTFB4000FS1

Jake

JBennett

Premium Member
Sorry Jake, I realized that I had pasted the wrong model number (should be LTF2140ES0) into this thread after I went back and looked in the door. This stemmed from the many Google searches I did, trying to find help videos that were in the same family of washers. Eventually, my notes got overwritten with the wrong model number.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good. We will work in this one then.

Ok, I did some research on the E43 and a few other members replaced the control board and that didn't fix it.

It turned out to be the door latch/lock assembly that was the cause.

Here's the door lock assembly for your model you can order(video included in part link):
Door Lock 131763256

To test the door lock switch:

Remove the door lock assembly and measure the resistance of the PTC.

The PTC is the wax motor on the door lock assembly. You will need a multimeter to ohm test that.

If it reads 1500 ohms, then its fine.

Let us know what you find.

Jake

JBennett

Premium Member
Thanks Jake - looking forward to having a reason to break out the multimeter again! I'll report back.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Jason, sounds good, yes keep us posted.:)

Jake