LTF2940ES0 Will not spin/empty water from the tub

grinolot

Premium Member
Model Number
LTF2940ES0
Brand
Frigidaire
I know that in the past, I've had an issue with water in the tub not emptying the water. I needed to take out some clothes in order for the spin to work and empty the water, however now it won't spin with just a few clothes in the tub.

I know there is a small hole in the dispenser to tub hose. I don't know if this would cause a problem with spinning.

There is a 05/05 under the washer serial number. Does this mean it was manufactured in 2005?

What's the washer's typical lifespan?

Any ideas?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Please only start 1 thread, I found 3 threads you started for your machine.:)

Ok, lets check for an error code.

Do the diagnostics test on it and post what error code you get.

Page 10 here will show you how to do the diagnostics test: https://www.applianceblog.com/manuals...asher_2004.pdf

I know there is a small hole in the dispenser to tub hose. I don't know if this would cause a problem with spinning.
No it would not cause it not to spin.

There is a 05/05 under the washer serial number. Does this mean it was manufactured in 2005?
Correct.

What's the washer's typical lifespan?
Only 8-12 years now, the good old days of 20-30 years are long gone unfortunately.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sounds good, let us know what error code you get.:)

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sorry, I pointed you to the wrong page.

Page 61 in the service manual tells you how to pull the error code.

You have the BETTER MODEL, the fault code will display in the screen. Example would be something like E14, etc.

Jake

grinolot

Premium Member
Error code

E59 - Based on the troubleshooting. It looks like it 's more than i want to get into and based on the age and the other connection (mentioned earlier) that needs to replaced, I may be in the market for a new washer.

What brand do you recommend and upright or front load?

grinolot

Premium Member
This looks like a possibility and highest rated per Consumer Reports - LG WM3500CW washing machine

Do you need to keep the door open on this model due to water sitting in the front area?

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I don't go by consumer reports, I go by what machine is the most reliable, and for the last 32 years of seeing these machines day in and day out--->Speed Queen, Whirlpool, Maytag, Amana have been the most reliable.

If you want a good reliable TV or Smartphone, then I recommend LG and Samsung.

If you want a good reliable Home Appliance, then I recommend Speed Queen, Whirlpool, Maytag, Amana.:)

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sounds good grinolot.:)

Jake