LTF2940FE1 Frigidaire no washing or spinning

vast8fm

Premium Member
Model Number
LTF2940FE1
Brand
Frigidaire
Frigidaire front loader, washer starts adding water and stops with in a second. Washer will not wash or spin. Error codes says E5E. This did this a day ago and I reached in and spun the drum by hand and it starting working fine. Now nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am reading a lot about door switch problems. Mine frequently buzzed and I would have to open and close the door a few times for it would lock.

Last edited:

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

A copy:

E5E
Communication failure between the electronic control board and the motor control board,
Check/Repair
Unplug the washer and check the wire harness connections between the main electronic control board and the motor control board. If the wire harness connections are okay, replace the motor control board. If the problem continues, replace the main electronic control board.

Mine frequently buzzed and I would have to open and close the door a few times for it would lock
Door Lock/switch Assy

jeff.

vast8fm

Premium Member
Jeff,
one question, would the door lock assembly also cause the E5E code? I dont want to dump a lot of money into replacement. The door lock assembly is bar far the cheapest option if you think that is the total problem.
Thanks
Mike