LW1015er LG 10000 BTU unit compressor will not shut off.

Zypherous

Model Number
LG LW1015er
Brand
LG
Hello, recently it has come to my attention that my unit's compressor will not shut off. I don't know when the problem started as my girlfriend was the only one home and she doesn't pay attention to these sorts of things.

I can shut the unit off, but, if I leave it plugged in the sound of the compressor still keeps going despite the fan and display being off. After adjusting the temperature nothing would happen, it would still be very cold whether I put the temp on 70 or 75. I am hoping to repair it if possible as buying a new unit would be a bit out of my budget at the moment. The humidity and heat in NYC are just about to begin too which I don't think I'd be able to survive without and a/c.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can take pictures or get any other requested information that'll assist me in figuring out what I have to do. Thank you very much for your time!

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
The part you need is #EBR39283902 control board. It comes up as being discontinued and no longer available where ever I check. Sears shows it in stock here: http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part-number/EBR39283902/0042/580.html?modelNumber=LW1010ER&categoryName=Air%20Conditioner%20-Room&brandName=LG which is weird. If you look on the board you'll see two black relays. The one that has two wire connectors coming out of the top is the bad relay. If you can find that relay and replace it, you're set.