LW1215ER LG compressor will not shut off. Un plug wait 30 minutes and works for 1 to 2 days. everthing else works great

never lazy

Model Number
LW1215ER
Brand
LG
I have a LG LW1215ER I went into the room compressor was on, inside blower was off. Room stays cool inside blower comes on when it gets warm. During the night compressor stays on unless I unplug it. I have checked the function on the display and I can change the fan speed, change the timer, modes and adjust the temperature but compressor stays on all the time and the inside blower turns off. Nothing has been changed I cleaned the unit this summer and haven't has any trouble with it till I started using it this summer. What could the problem be is there a relay that is failing or the board and are these parts serviceable? I have used this forum before and the help was right on and was able to fix my fridge with ease. I appreciate any help that is given.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, the problem is the relay on the control board sticking.

I can't seem to locate the control board for this model to post you the link to the control board.

You'll likely need to unplug the unit from the wall outlet and remove the control board and post the part number stamped on the control board.

Jake