• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LW1216ER LG Room Air Conditioner make stay on constantly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jatgm1

Model Number
LW1216ER
Brand
LG
How can I just force the compressor and fan to turn on constantly and override the temperature sensor? Can I just jump the connections for the compressor and fan so it manually turns the relay on and always blasts cold air without checking room temp?

It is controlled by a smart home (high voltage relay controlled by a modified zigbee outlet switch thing. and I need it to just turn on when I turn it on. Sometimes it checks the room air and incorrectly thinks it's too hot when Its not. I have it on the lowest setting (coldest and highest fan, to clearify) on cool with the fan on. But I really just need I to reliably stay on.

Ik this sounds odd but the room is rather small. It's just for a chinchilla. She needs to be at 65 and it thinks it's 60 when it's 67 and near her it's 70 :(

I could really need help. I know some basic soldering but idk how to read wiring diagrams and this is super important so she doesn't overheat :( could someone please help me figure out this problem? I have a soldering gun and am willing to just solder some connections closed and remove the control board if necessary. Just want this thing to work. I have done some repairs on guitar connectors, made a wiring harness for a home made pull start motorcycle with a generator engine and go kart transmission. and made battery powered z wave thermostats with a relay into something to control a heater using z wave but I'm a little out of my element. I know the basics. But theirs a lot of stuff on the board and I really don't wanna break it or anything.

Jatgm1

I was gonna stick the sensor onto a hot hands, disposable hand warmer thing and change it out but like I don't wanna. Seems really annoying to have to do and wasteful. I have locally controlled secure, system with an extremely fast update time of about 60 seconds per temperature check on one set of two sensors and another that notifies the smart home every time the temperature changes that's z wave. Everything but the ac has a battery backup. And I have an arduino board and l298 h gate. And raspberry pi. And some jumpers.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Your trying to mod your Room Air Conditioner and we don't get into that here, you will need to go to another site for that.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
No I don't, sorry.

Jake

Jatgm1

Do you know how I could test the compressor by manually actuating the relay for both the compressor or fan?

Jatgm1

Idk if the fan isn't on or the compressor isn't on but sometimes it just makes noise when it comes on and only gets cold near the air conditioner.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
No I don't, sorry.

You need to find another site to ask these questions, we only help folks fix their own appliances here, that's it.

I'm closing this thread.

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.