LW1216ER New window AC doesn't power on after installing it

musiclvr56

Premium Member
Model
LW1216ER
Brand
LG
After spending over an hour installing the ac, it doesn't power on-there is nothing wrong with the outlet/circuit. The contractor and I are guessing the issue is the control panel so I ordered one and hopefully this is the answer. What are your thoughts? I did a google search "LG" -I didn't read them, but there are over 100 complaints filed with Consumer Affairs. A quick glance was that the customer service department at LG was problematic.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
LG and Samsung appliances, not that good. We've been seeing a lot of problems with the compressor staying on after it's turned off on that style. Here's the deal, if you don't call for warranty and you attempt a repair, you risk losing your warranty. You don't want to lose your warranty on LG. However, if you're willing to take the risk, let's do it right. Slide it out of the sleeve and check for a wire that is off. Check for 120 VAC at the control board (i think there's a fuse on the board). Check for low DC voltage at the display control panel. It's more likely to be the control board rather than the control panel.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
...., that doesn't address the issue of the reason why after installing it, it wouldn't power on.
rickgburton said:
Slide it out of the sleeve and check for a wire that is off. Check for 120 VAC at the control board.......
???