FIXED LW1510ER LG Window A/C Compressor does not turn off

Fredy C

Premium Member
Hello,

I have an LG window unit model#LWHD1500ER. The compressor won't shut off even when I turn the unit off. Do you think I need to replace the circuit board or is it the thermostat? And can I keep using the unit with the compressor constantly running, or would it damage my unit? Please help I would really appreciate it.

Fredy

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hello,

I have an LG window unit model#LWHD1500ER. The compressor won't shut off even when I turn the unit off. Do you think I need to replace the circuit board or is it the thermostat? And can I keep using the unit with the compressor constantly running, or would it damage my unit? Please help I would really appreciate it.

Fredy
Yes Fredy,

Your model uses the exact same relay board as the original poster of this thread has:

Pcb assembly/relay board, main Manufacturer Number EBR39283901

Go ahead and order it.

Read posts 1-6 of this thread.

Jake

Fredy C

Premium Member
Thanks for the help Jake. I will order the relay board. In the meantime can I still use it while I wait for the part?

Thanks again.

Fredy

Fredy C

Premium Member
Hey jake i checked the link you
gave me and the display board
looks exactly like the one in my
unit. The relay board looks different.
Should I get the display board instead?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Don't go by looks of the part as it could have been updated several times. Just make sure the connections are the same and go by model number which is what Jake did. If that's your correct model number then that is the correct part for your machine.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, Rick is correct, just order the relay board, that's the one for your model.

In the meantime can I still use it while I wait for the part?
I sure wouldn't let the compressor run when its off till you get the new relay board.

When the A/C is off just unplug it.

Jake

Fredy C

Premium Member
I left the unit unplugged for two days and its working now. At first I couldn't set it to energy saver and now it works on energy saver just like before. Any thoughts? This is pretty weird. The compressor is running normal again. What's going on here??

Fredy

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Then its intermittently working and not working at times, so its best to just replace now before it does it again, and It will do it again, you can trust me on that.:)

Jake

NickB

Premium Member
Relay Board

Would that same relay board (http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Relay-Board/EBR39283901/1463629) work for an LG LWHD1009R? It sounds like I have the same problem -- a week ago the compressor? would not turn off unless I held in the reset button or unplugged the unit. After a day or so of sitting it seemed to work fine, but it just started happening again. We tend to leave it on 24x7 in Energy Saver mode during the few summer months and often set it to just On at night.

Thanks for your help!,
Nick

rickgburton

Staff member
I looked it up by model number. If you gave me the correct model number, that's the correct part.

NickB

Premium Member
I looked it up by model number. If you gave me the correct model number, that's the correct part.
Thanks. After verifying the model number (see below), I tried the part, but unfortunately the a/c would not even turn on. I replaced the old part and it did turn on, but with the same original problem. Perhaps it was a dud.?

part.jpgLWHD1009R.jpg

rickgburton

Staff member
I looked it up again and came up with the same number so you might be right, exchange it for another one. It doesn't happen very often but sometimes new parts can be bad right from the get go.

nightshifter

sorry to bump a year old thread, but everything here is where I was last year. I replaced my board, and everything was fine till just tonight. So I am wondering if there is a reason that the relay fails. Could my a/c be cycling the compressor on/off too much causing excessive wear or something? At almost $50 a pop I'd like to find a more permanent repair, I should have kept the old board and replaced the relay with something beefier maybe...lol

blumaidsand

Premium Member
I have an LG LW1215ER that the compressor will not shut off and it’s freezing the unit up. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

ws.studios

I have a LG ac Model #LW1514ER, the compressor does not turn off, I have to unplug it or hit the breaker button to turn it off. Do I need to replace the pcboard as well for this model.
Thank you