FIXED LW1510ER LG Window A/C Compressor does not turn off

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
That's the one that comes up with the model number you gave me. Can you take a picture of yours and post it here?

jeff1

Staff member
It *might* look different Rick if LG is now subbing the whole control box.
It also looks like they installed the display board rather than the pcboard.

jeff.

Chasecjb

Premium Member
Jeff just wanted to say thanks! I replaced my board with the part number you gave me and it solved my issue.

jeff1

Staff member
Hi,

Most places cannot find that model#...and a few only only showed 3 parts available.
I'd contact LG to see if they can help you source parts or a place that will supply parts.

jeff.

sbroni09

Hello, I am having exact same problem as original poster. I read through the forum and from my understand it is the relay that is causing my LG LW8016ER to constantly run when first plugged in without being turned to the on position. Would this be correct? If so, do you know what relay I would need exactly? Thanks for the help!

Ladybug1182

I'm having that same issue with my lg LW1510ER model. The compressor stays running even if it's strictly on fan mode and when you turn it off it stays on for awhile,then cuts off like it should,but comes back on awhile later the whole time it's off. The fan doesn't engage when it does this,only the compressor.

I was outside spraying the gunk out of the drain hole outside and noticed there seems to be a freon leak somewhere also as I was seeing a reddish/purplish tint running out with the access water. It's kind of odd to me because getting cold isn't the problem, it does that just fine...even when setting the temperature range to automatically regulate or solely just having the fan circulate air....it's blowing COLD air. Only way of completely turn the unit off is disconnecting power source.

What do you think problem is. This past summer and this summer been the only time it's been actually turned on and used since I bought it. I cant actually remember how long I've had it but I know for a fact how much it's actually been used. Help please.....and thank you in advance👂👍👩‍🔧👼

rickgburton

Staff member

Robs

Premium Member
I have a LW1015ER. Is my board also discontinued? Is there a part number i could get to try searching else where? I can not seem to find anything by search with the model number. The problem is the compressor not turning off. If the board is NLA, what kind of relay would i need in order to fix it? If thats do able? Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Rick I think he inverted the 1510 to 1015 by accident, so its likely his is the same as LadyBugs LW1510ER.:)

This thread is 7 years old, and we need to close this thread because we are getting to many different model numbers in here. So Robs can finish then I will close it, For others that find this thread per Google you can reference it in a NEW THREAD.:)

Jake

jeff1

Staff member
Same here, nothing came up for me with LW1015ER

But with LW1510ER the part is....

Shows out of stock at some places and discontinued at others :(

No pic LINK> Case assembly,control

jeff.

Robs

Premium Member
Of course its like me to get the uncommon retarded unit. But here is a pic of the sticker on the unit. Thanks guys
20190802_214919.jpg

Robs

Premium Member
Can anyone by chance tell me where these cards are located in the AC? I will pull it apart and see if there is a part number on them or compare it to the other parts already listed. if all else fails i will attempt at replacing the relays if possible.