FIXED LW1510ER LG Window A/C Compressor does not turn off

Ronan

Premium Member
Hello all,
Jeff, Rick I was hoping y'all could help. I have a LW1516ER that seems to be having the same problem as everyone above. I've tried searching for that board replacement but it also seems to be discontinued. Just wondering if y'all might be aware of where I might be able to find one. I haven't had a chance to open the case to verify the board number. One site I came up on gave a substitute of EBR39283903, not sure if that's correct though. Thanks in advance.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member

Ronan

Premium Member
So, I opened her up to check the board, it seemed like maybe the wire coming from the compressor to relay was loose as it gave a "click" when pushed in. Not sure if actually loose as I have no prior reference. After reassembly it actually seems to be working fine. It was also off and unplugged for about 8 hours. Possible it was just a loose wire or would it be prudent to just replace the board anyway?

rickgburton

Staff member
A loose wire connection can cause all kinds of problems with open circuits. Yours however, is relay contacts sticking together and a loose connection won't cause that. The problem will probably pop up again.

rickgburton

Staff member
It won't hurt it any more than it is now to just let it run until it craps out again.

TracyPerrin

Premium Member
Hi Rick, board is in but when in heater mode it’s not blowing hot are just lukewarm. Do you know where I can get a wiring diagram for the board.

rickgburton

Staff member
Do you know where I can get a wiring diagram for the board.
No such animal exists. At least not that I know of. Manufactures want you to replace it, not repair it. With the exception of a few boards, I've never been able to find a board schematic and many members here have also looked for board schematics. They just don't exist.