LW1515ER LG A/C fan will not run while compressor is working, but will run when compressor stops running?

jjdonovan

Premium Member
Model Number
LW1515ER
Brand
LG
Hello all,
I am glad that I found a site like this too help figure out what is going on with my 15,000 btu LG air conditioner.
The air conditioner is a window unit model # LW1515ER approx. 5 years old. I must say that I have been very happy with this unit until this problem. The a/c has been trouble free this year until last week when the fan stopped running when the a/c kicks on. The fan will start up as soon as the compressor stops running. This cycle is approx. 1 min in duration and will repeat. I am leaning towards the mother board failure and not a bad capacitor since both parts will run, they just will not run in unison .
I hope someone has run into this same situation and may offer a replacement part # to have this unit up and running.
Thank you all in advance.
JJ Donovan

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
fan stopped running when the a/c kicks on. The fan will start up as soon as the compressor stops running. ... I hope someone has run into this same situation
I've never heard of such a case. If anything it should work the opposite way, the fan forced to come on when the compressor is running.

I am leaning towards the mother board failure ... and may offer a replacement part #
I can't see any other component being responsible than the relay PCB board for such symptoms but it appears to be discontinued. I don't know if you can find 'old stock' of it somewhere.

LINK > EBR39283901 Relay Board

Dan O.

jjdonovan

Premium Member
Thanks for the input. I had assumed that a component on the motherboard had failed. Now I can try to locates someone that has a NOS replacement part. I would hate to throw out this unit.
Thank you again!