LW1816HR LG AC Unit not kicking on compressor after it cycles once

NoYahoo

Model Number
LW1816HR
Brand
LG
My LG1816HR cools when I first turn it on from power down. It doesn't Ice up or act like anything is wrong. As the Thermostat cycles the system, the compressor seems to no come on in the future and the room doesn't cool. The fan does come on. Unit worked fine for about 1.5 years. Coils are clean and clearances are fine. suspect the main board or a thermocouple needs to be replaced but was hoping someone else has had similar and could relay their findings before I crack open the unit.

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
As the Thermostat cycles the system, the compressor seems to [not] come on in the future and the room doesn't cool. The fan does come on.
Try it on the 'Energy Saver' mode. During that setting the control cycles power to both fan and compressor at the same time. If both ARE stopping together, than the temperature thermister may be out of calibration and sending incorrect readings to the control to act upon. In that case the sensor thermister may need to be replaced.

LINK > LW1816HR Temperature Thermister 6323A20003S (in stock, has pic)

LINK > LW1816HR Temperature Thermister (in stock, no pic)

If still only the compressor is shutting off, the unit's Electronic Control Board may be malfunctioning and need to be replaced.

LINK > LW1816HR Electronic Control Board EBR76261810 (has pic, out of stock)

LINK > LW1816HR Electronic Control Board (in stock, no pic)

Dan O.