LW2511ERY1 The compressor on my LG window unit wont shut down, even when powered off

PeggyG

Premium Member
Model
LW2511ERY1
Brand
LG
The compressor on my LG window unit wont shut down, even when powered off. I have to shut it down with the breaker. It did this a couple of times last summer, but I was able to pound on the side of the control panel, to get it to stop. It would click when I pounded it successfully, and shut off. I've tried that yesterday, to no avail. Cussing at it didn't work either! :wall:

My question is, which part is likely to repair it?

Thanks!
PeggyG

dsegal

Premium Member
I have the same problem. The compressor on my LG window unit wont shut down, even when powered off, although the fan does stop.. I have to shut it down by removing the plug or at the breaker.

RepairClinic.com seem to have confused the two available circuit boards. Their picture doesn't match the part number.

Before I buy, please advise whether the correct part is as illustrated above (PCB control board, old part number EBR74697801) or the much busier circuit board (Main Board, old part number EBR65107503). I know that RepairClinic.com is using new part numbers beginning with ABQ but I believe they may have mixed something up, so have not used them. Sorry but I am not able to paste the image here.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The part Rick posted in post#2 should be the correct board, it has that relay in it.

Yes, The manufacturer has replaced part number EBR65107503 with part number ABQ74405902

To upload photos--->Just Click "Go Advanced" at the bottom right side of this Quick Reply editor that we type in, then you will see the MANAGE Attachments Button.

Jake

dsegal

Premium Member
Jake:

Thank you for your reply. I am still concerned that there may be a mismatch between the part number shown by RepairClinic.com and the photo.

Please tell me whether the part I need is the one shown in the black and white attached photo that includes the alphanumeric display. URL is:
https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/User-Control-And-Display-Board/ABQ74405902/3191213?replacedManufacturerPartNumber=ebr65107503

Alternatively, is it the circuit board shown in the attached colour photo at URL amazon.ca/LG-Electronics-EBR65107503-Conditioner-Geneva/dp/B018HDLRMQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1530115750&sr=8-2&keywords=ebr65107503

Another of RepairClinic's customers encountered this problem and I attach his review comment. This is not really important.

Thanks for your help.

David Segal

Attachments

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok David,

I'd suggest contacting RepairClinic to see what's going on. I don't work on enough of these LG units to know. Rick is still out of town on a family emergency.

Jake

dsegal

Premium Member
Jake. Thanks for your reply.

I just need one more bit of info. On the assumption that the problem is likely a sticky relay, which of the attached photos shows the part that has a relay that might stick. As part numbers might be unreliable in this case, please identify from the photographs.

With many thanks for your interest and help,

David Segal

Attachments

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes David the relay is sticking.

I can't identify the photos without seeing the bare circuit board Rick posted, the bare circuit board is inside that casing in Ricks photo at RepairClinic.

Jake

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
The control board is the one with the relays. The user display is the other part. I'm not sure what's going on with the pictures and part numbers. I looked up the part on the Sears parts site and the control board is #7112 in the parts diagram. #7112 lists the part number EBR65107503.
SEARS PARTS.jpg

When I put the same number into the search field at one of our parts site it says the number changes and shows the display user interface:
REPAIR CLINIC.jpg