• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED LWD3081ST LG Double Wall Oven F9 Error Code Fix

MattieB6

Model Number
LWD3081ST
Brand
LG
Received an F9 error code on the top convection oven after a self cleaning. F9 error code happens when the oven times out after not reaching 150 degrees. I replaced the thermistor through the inside of the oven itself. This did not fix the error.

I replaced the thermostat and it fixed the problem. I recommend if you have the same issue, order the parts and take the oven out of the cabinet (6 screws for me).

The oven is heavy, so have a dolly or other equipment to slide the oven onto so you don;t break your back! Take the back cover off which is many screws. NOTE: I recommend you take a pen and circle each screw before you take it out to mark the hole. Otherwise, you will not remember where the screw goes. There happens to be more holes than screws.

MAKE SURE YOU TURN OFF THE BREAKER FIRST!

Once the cover is off, the thermostat and thermistor are easy to replace (a couple wires with easy-connects). Replace the back cover and fit the oven back in the cabinet. Make sure the cabinet fits without catching the electrical. Turn on the breaker and test the oven.

NOTE: To replace the trim. I used double stick velcro. This allows me to pull off trim if the problem occurs again, which I am told it will. :nightmare:

Good luck!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member