• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LWS34AW Speed Queen Washer Tub Seal

ApplianceRepman

Premium Member
Model Number
LWS34AW
Brand
Speed Queen
Im Looking for a tub seal for the a Speed Queen washer It seems the part has been discontinued and I was wondering if there is a alternative part. The original part# is 40016101. Any help will be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Contained in Hub and Seal Kit

Looking for a tub seal for the a Speed Queen washer original part# is 40016101.
I'm afraid all possible alternatives look to be discontinued as well. That part was however also included in a 'Hub and Seal Kit' service kit. While it too looks to be discontinued, I did find a supplier with one old stock still on hand (see the following link). Be prepared though, that service kit is expensive. :(

LINK > Speed Queen Washer Hub and Seal Kit

Dan O.

Sam L. Archer

Premium Member
Working on a Speed Queen HA5001 built in the 1980's, I think, and I am down to the short hub drive shaft. My question is: Which rotation are the threads on the lock nut? I have been told it is counter-clockwise threaded, but no one besides that person says anything about it in writing. If I am going to apply the torque necessary to budge that, I want to make sure I am applying it in the correct direction.

Sam L. Archer

Premium Member
That is precisely the part I am referring to. Thank you very much. How much do the tines on the lock washer need to be straightened to allow the nut to turn? I noticed two which were deformed right up against it, and pushed those away, but it is difficult to see whether all the rest actually impede its rotation.

From the conversation with member opcartmell in 2015, I am somewhat discouraged from pursuing this line of repair to the maximum, but if I can only get the basket/inner tub out and inspect the tub seal assembly, it will be to the good. I might just get my sheet metal guy to make a pan for this machine to sit in and keep going. The transmission sounds good.

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Sam L. Archer said:
How much do the tines on the lock washer need to be straightened to allow the nut to turn?

I'm sorry but I've never performed that service myself however I would think all the tines need to be away from the nut but I am not positive.

Dan O.

Sam L. Archer

Premium Member
After applying counter-clockwise torque to the lock nut, it still did not budge, but I appear to have scared the seal and it stopped leaking after a couple of spin-drains. (?)
Moving on to the electrical circuitry, I cannot find a schematic for Speed Queen anything. All repairclinic.com shows is exploded drawings of the other sub-assemblies, but not wiring. If you cannot forward the entire schematic, answering a few crucial questions about motor connections would help.

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Sam L. Archer said:
Moving on to the electrical circuitry, I cannot find a schematic for Speed Queen anything

There should have been one in the machine when it left the factory. If it's not pasted to the rear of the cabinet or control console, it might be inside the console or inside the cabinet possibly pasted to the inside of the front panel.

One of the ones in the attached file might be for your machine?

Dan O.

Attachments

• Speed Queen washer HA5001 wiring.pdf
    886.6 KB · Views: 83

Sam L. Archer

Premium Member
Thank you for your prompt reply, and on the weekend, even. It took me a minute to figure out that I needed to download it to see the file; and am I ever glad I got it! This is 24 karat gold information. Indeed, I did not have the drawings, having looked in the places you suggested they might be, and was beginning to fear the time needed to find them. Your help is most encouraging.