• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LXR7244PQ4 Whirlpool Washer seems to bypass agitate cycle.

TonyB86

Model Number
LXR7244PQ4
Brand
Whirlpool
Have checked so far:

different load sizes, cycles settings, manually starting in the middle of each cycle via the timer, everything seems normal but when in 'wash' cycle only a hum/buzz sounds like it's coming from the timer.

It seems to fill and pool up high and will spin and re-rinse, up until the end of the entire cycle. Never actually agitates the clothes.

There's a video of movement from the agitator, seems snug but I don't know what normal movement should look like 🤔.

There's no leaks, haven't checked for continuity at all but if it sounds like I have to then I do have a multimeter. I don't know much about washers so if the problem is obvious sorry in advance!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Tony,

When it should be agitating you just hear the buzz sound at the timer? You don't hear the motor running towards the bottom front of your washer?

What I usually do is remove the washer cabinet, then remove the drain pump, then remove the motor and set the motor on the floor with the wires still connected to it, then start the washer on a small water level with no clothes in it, then see if the motor runs after it fills.

Also check your motor coupler.

Here's the motor coupler for your model:
Motor Coupling 285753A

Watch this below below, it will show you how to remove the washer cabinet, remove the drain pump, and remove the motor:

Jake