Magatg model LA612 series 04

nyeck

Premium Member
imported post

The washer continues to bounce around, Its been leveled, Its more like something is out of balance inside the washer, Any Ideas?

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
imported post

Hi,

Wood, cement floor? Levelled how? Keep this washer as close to the floor as possible, get the legs out too far and it will wobble. Worn/broken suspension springs are rare, but the damper pads between the base and tubs can wear and allow the baskets/tubs to move around too much. Does the off-balance switch work? Draining drains out a full tub in approx 90 seconds?

jeff.

nyeck

Premium Member
imported post

The washer is located on a wood floor in an old house on the second floor. That not real level. I used a 2 foot level across the top to set it up. I will try and lower the feet, I know there are some adjustment there to gocloser to the floor. The washer has never stoped working, I was not aware of switch.

Thanks for the info

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
imported post

G'day,

**The washer is located on a wood floor in an old house on the second floor. That not real level.**

Wood floor, second floor *usually* means the floor will move up and down with the washer giving us problems. Might consider adding a 3/4" piece of plywood for more support.

**I will try and lower the feet, I know there are some adjustment there to gocloser to the floor**

Good! I usually just barly screw out the legs and keep the center of gravity as close to the floor as possible.

**I was not aware of switch**

Top crown should have a "L" like bracket on it that will hit the lid switch arm to stop the washer if the baskets go off balance....lifting the lid resets the off-balanced switch.

**I used a 2 foot level across the top to set it up**

Hard to describe in text, wash baskets should be slightly forward when you open the lid and look straight down in and not leaning to the left or right sides.

jeff.

nyeck

Premium Member
imported post

Just to let you know lowering the washer to the floor help alot. thank you this is great