• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

    ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

    Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

    From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

    Jake
  • Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Magic chef 1.1 cu. Ft. Microwave oven not heating

Adiaz_805

Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2020
Messages
1
Location
Ca
My 3 day old microwave stopped heating, after about 5 uses. Everything works on it, it just doesn't heat. Please help.
 

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Jul 11, 2006
Messages
44,790
Location
Murray, Utah 84107, United States
OK, first I can't get anything to come up with that number. Maybe it's too new. Return it to where you bought it and exchange it. Don't try to repair it or you risk losing the warranty.

When I moved your post to the correct forum I lost the model number you gave me so please recheck it. Read it off the tag on the machine.
 
Top