• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

    ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

    Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

    From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

    Jake

Magic Chef _ How To Replace Interior Light

Zingo

Premium Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2005
Messages
4
Location
Virginia
The interior light bulb in my Magic Chef Model # MCD1311ST has burned out. I can see it, but there's no easy access to it. Nothing in the owner's manual addresses this issue. I tried to reach it through the chassis, but couldn't get past the rivets. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
 

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Oct 10, 2004
Messages
24,008
Location
Ontario, Canada
Hi,

Model# looks like an e-wave microwave...made for MC.
Counter model.



Most counter styles require the outer cabinet shell to be removed to access the light bulb.



jeff.
 
Top