• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

    ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

    Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

    From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

    Jake
  • Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Magic Chef Microwave MVP III vm11eb-8p

splicedude

Premium Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2005
Messages
7
Location
, ,
Have power to unit. Display comes on and accepts input. The lamp in unit interior off and the microwave function (start) does not work. Basically the unit is dead for heating and cooking. The fan and bottom light work fine. The touch screen is working fine. Note: some times in past unit would trip circuit breaker. A reset and unit worked fine for months of use. Vent is clear. Any direction would help. Unit is well maintained has served us well since 1993. Would love to bring her back if economically feasible. Joe
 

splicedude

Premium Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2005
Messages
7
Location
, ,
All door switches test fine with multi meter. Need to see what else I can check. Thanks
 
Top