• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Magic Chef Model HMDR1000BE Freezer works well but fridge is room temperature. Help!

Basenjo2020

Premium Member
Model Number
HMDR1000BE
Brand
Magic Chef
I purchased a Magic Chef fridge Model HMDR1000BE online from the owner.

Right now the freezer works well it’s very cold in there. But the fridge isn’t cooling at all. It’s room temperature. I set to the coolest settings and it still hasn’t cooled.

What can I do?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, do what @bigbuck mentioned first, if still no change after 24 hours--->Put a freezer thermometer inside the freezer and let us know what it reads in 2 hours.

Is the fan in the freezer running? I can't locate the parts diagram to see if it has a condenser fan motor or not. Pull the refrigerator out from the wall, then look in the back of it and see if you notice a fan motor next to the compressor, if so is it running?

The freezer evaporator fan sends cold air to the refrigerator section, and if that freezer fan is not running, then its possibly bad and that would be the cause of the refrigerator section being warm.

The voltage rating is on this freezer fan motor, is 12 VOLTS DC, then use a multimeter and see if its getting the proper volts to it, if so and its just humming and not running, then its bad.

Here's the freezer evaporator fan motor this model:

Jake

Basenjo2020

Premium Member
Hey Jake,
No I don’t see a fan next to the compressor. I don’t have a thermometer but I put a bottle of water in the freezer and it’s not frozen. The freezer feel more like the temperature I would imagine the fridge should be.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, then you have a sealed system problem.

The sealed system consists of the compressor, condenser, evaporator, heat exchanger, filter/drier and refrigerant. Common problems with a sealed system are bad compressors, refrigerant leaks, and system restrictions.

It would cost more to fix it than its worth.

Jake