• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

    ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

    Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

    From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

    Jake
  • Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Magic Chef OTR No Power

seanpaulz

Premium Member
Joined
Jun 5, 2009
Messages
15
Location
California
Model Number
MCO165UW
Brand
Magic Chef
Age
6-10 years
Checked the outlet by plugging in another appliance and it worked.

There is no light and nothing on the display panel.

I recently replaced the microswitch (maybe 8-10 months ago).

Thought maybe it was the same problem (kids are always slamming the door) so ordered the part and still nothing.

Could it be a fuse? I do not have the proper tools to test if there is power going to each part, so wanted to know what the most common problem may be.

I checked the fuse on the noise filter, but couldn't tell if it is blown since it is not clear.

Any help is much appreciated!

-Sean
 
Top