• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Magic Chef Oven/Range Identification help

AM1953

Premium Member
Model Number
Unknown
Brand
Magic Chef
A long shot but hoping someone can help. I am trying to find out what model the below pictured range is. I can tell from the image it is a Magic Chef and I have found pictures of similar ones on the internet but do not know the model number. I do not have access to the range to look for the model number on the physical appliance. In addition to the model number, I am trying to determine if it has an electric or standing pilot. Is there a way to tell from the image or will I only know based on the manual for the specific model?
If anyone could provide any incite, it would be most appreciated.
Magic Chef Oven.PNG

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
AM1953 said:
I am trying to determine if it has an electric or standing pilot. Is there a way to tell from the image
By the vague picture it looks like the burner knobs might have a position marked "Lite" in which case it would be an electronic ignition model.

AM1953 said:
or will I only know based on the manual for the specific model?
The best way to find out anything about it is with the model number printed on the appliane's model and serial number identification tag. You can find tips for locating the model and serial number identification tag on your appliances at the following link:

LINK > Model Number Tag Location Guide

Dan O.

AM1953

Premium Member
By the vague picture it looks like the burner knobs might have a position marked "Lite" in which case it would be an electronic ignition model.

The best way to find out anything about it is with the model number printed on the appliane's model and serial number identification tag. You can find tips for locating the model and serial number identification tag on your appliances at the following link:

LINK > Model Number Tag Location Guide

Dan O.
Thank you. That is a good start with the "lite" position on the knobs.