• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED MAH2400AWW Maytag washer no spin/agitate

ivoidwarranties

Appliance Tech
Model Number
MAH2400AWW
Brand
Maytag
Guess I will post this here since no reply...Maytag washer no spin or agitate, fills and drains fine. Not one of my "brands" and don't want to throw parts at it. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance:

Tried running tests: quick spin; board output- and got no rotation. Fault codes were: 3E; 18; 1; 18 (or 118 which doesn't hash). Unit drains; checked pressure switch and blew line- seemed ok, didn't know how to test switch (duh, should have checked for closing with meter but too late now) but blew into it and heard diaphragm clicking; checked all board and motor connections; ohm'd out motor and got 2.8 on rotor, 1.3 on stator1, .5 on stator2, and doesn't seem to have broken windings or is grounding through windings; when on quick wash setting and after fill (when I would think motor should be running) I tested all motor wiring, while connected, for power (to ground) and got nothing substantial (I am under the impression the motor is 120vac, got like 15vdc on a couple wires to ground- don't remember which ones), checked tach and such for continuity- had, not sure if I checked rotor for continuity but still didn't seem like was getting power.

Door lock was a little warm, door is a little tricky to open- have to grip handle right and squeeze firmly to release, otherwise seems to lock and unlock as required.

You think it is the main control board? I am just leery of buying one when I am a little out of my league since I cant call a tech line and confirm findings.

Appreciate any help you can provide with this.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sorry about that, I saw your PM to me about this, and was coming to finish up answering the questions on the forum then come back to your PM after I finished, but it slipped my mind, as we have been so busy here.

Its always best to post all repair questions in the forums anyway.:)

I haven't worked on these models before, they were made by Samsung just before Maytag was bought out by Whirlpool. After Whirlpool bought Maytag they did away with this model, and started to make new Maytag models per Whirlpool design.

But I did locate the repair manual for you: www.applianceblog.com/manuals/16023430.pdf

Jake

ivoidwarranties

Appliance Tech
Thanks Jake, no worries. Linky no worky- at least on my junk computer, I think it might have been removed or whatever. Says "Loading 21.7k of 0.0K" and stuck.

I just thought one of the other members might have a clue for me, I will wait and see. I did have the service manual in the toe kick that had all the tests and such, it just didn't tell me plainly what my issue was with my findings. I am going to go with the $200 control board on Monday and cross my fingers- if not, will wash this unit as a loss (eating my time and parts) and tell owner to find someone else or buy a new one.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, glad to hear that.:)

Jake

mcatanese

Premium Member
Hi,

I had a 3E code come up on my washer. After running the tests and reading blogs, I determined it was the control board. The board came in and I installed it. Worked fine for about 1.5 cycles and now the code is back. Can you help?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
This is the 24" compact model built by Samsung, correct? If the display shows 3E the machine detects over-current and the motor won't run. Disconnect the CN1 connector on the board and measure the resistance from the connector. To check the Rotor, measure between Orange pin 1 to Gray pin 3. Meter should show approximately 2.5 ohms. To check the Stator, measure between Yellow pin 5 to Violet pin 4 and then to Blue pin 6. Both measurements should be approximately 1 ohm.
MAH2400A.jpeg

Drive Motor 34001122 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com
Drive-Motor-34001122--00660810.jpg

mcatanese

Premium Member
This is the 24" compact model built by Samsung, correct? If the display shows 3E the machine detects over-current and the motor won't run. Disconnect the CN1 connector on the board and measure the resistance from the connector. To check the Rotor, measure between Orange pin 1 to Gray pin 3. Meter should show approximately 2.5 ohms. To check the Stator, measure between Yellow pin 5 to Violet pin 4 and then to Blue pin 6. Both measurements should be approximately 1 ohm.
View attachment 13203

Drive Motor 34001122 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com
View attachment 13202

It's the Maytag washer. I had already checked the resistance and got 3.6 rotor, 1.1 on one of the stator pins and under 1 on the other. I determined by the repair manual and the blogs that the control board was the problem. Ordered the board and installed it and ran the spin tests and it worked fine. It failed again during the first loads spin cycle. I figured since it agitated, that the motor was fine. In any case, either the board failed again, the motor is the problem or it's now both.

Marc

rickgburton

Staff member
Can't you run quick test and ramp up the motor for 10 minutes at high spin to test the motor?

mcatanese

Premium Member
Can't you run quick test and ramp up the motor for 10 minutes at high spin to test the motor?

The quick test doesn't work. I tried that plus the control board output for the motor. After I installed the new control board, the self test worked. My wife started the first load and it posted a 3E code just as it was going into spin. Now the self test doesn't work right anymore. My conclusion is that maybe the motor was flaky and could be damaging the control board?

rickgburton

Staff member
These were the only tech sheets I could find. Both tech sheets are identical. Then look in the Samsung Error code pdf for the washer on page 4. This was the search results and tech sheets:
MAH2400.jpeg

Attachments

mcatanese

Premium Member
These were the only tech sheets I could find. Both tech sheets are identical. Then look in the Samsung Error code pdf for the washer on page 4. This was the search results and tech sheets:
View attachment 13205
Thank you but as I said, I already have the technical manual and I followed the procedure to self test. I was trying to determine what the next step should be. I didn't want to keep swapping parts.

rickgburton

Staff member
Well, if you diagnosed a bad control board and the washer made a complete cycle with the new board, then you're probably right. Replace the board and motor.

rickgburton

Staff member
Wait! Hold the phone! Did you say 3.6 ohms for the rotor?? No no, 2.5! Even at plus or minus 10% it's 35% too high. Replace the motor.

jdsr

Premium Member
My MAH2400AWW started having trouble last week. It was running through it's wash cycles but when it came to spin, it would turn in one direction and stop (3E error - from the technical info PDF - "Motor speed indicator error. Motor won't turn." - it would take a few minutes before displaying the error). Draining works fine and I could start a wash cycle but then it wouldn't go through a spin cycle. I checked the cable going to the motor and some of the contacts were quite corroded. I cleaned them but still no good. The motor turned for the wash cycle but wouldn't do a spin cycle. I had parts from a previous MAH2400AWW washer and replaced the cable from the control board to the motor. That did not resolve it so then I replaced the whole control board after running diagnostics and measuring resistances. That fixed it!!

Question, do you think the control board on a MAH2400AWW can be fixed? It seems related to the speed sensor (which must be on the control board as I couldn't find a speed sensor anywhere) as replacing the board fixed it. Something connected to CN1 on the schematic diagram? Any thoughts on DIY fixing the control board? In case the one I put in breaks down as well?

jdsr

Premium Member
corecentricsolutions.com ?
Wondering if it is DIYable. Do any of the Maytag docs have an actual schematic diagram?