• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

MAH3000AWW Problems

farsidedawg

Premium Member
Good evening,

:( I have an issue with a Neptune MAH3000AWW we just purchased from someone. We plugged it up and started to run an empty wash with Clorox to clean it out. I heard the "jet sound" that some people have complained about in other posts, but it wasn't really that bad. What WAS bad was when it started sounding like it was going to break through the floor when it was spinning. :eek: It sounded like having an off-balance load in it, and then it'd stopped for a minute or so and then start back up. I stopped it and when I got the door open, there were plastic shavings (I can see where it's been taken from the outer edge of the opening plastic ring)!!! This was not like this when I checked it out before starting, so I'm wondering if we did something during transport. Help! What do we need to do? :confused:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hope you didn't pay much for this machine. Your rear bearing is bad, and its causing this issue.

Its quite possibly the bearing was already on its way out, and transporting it made it get this bad now.

Did you buy this from a private party or a used appliance shop?

Jake

farsidedawg

Premium Member
I bought it from a private party, but I only paid $200, so I'm not out much. My husband told me there's a "clicking sound" in it when the tub turns - it sounds like it's coming from below the tub, and it changes sounds slightly when the rotation changes. Would this also be part of that same problem or something else? How much would a rear bearing cost me, and could my husband install it? We do not have a repair manual, but if someone could give us instructions, we could probably handle it. Thanks for the info!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

farsidedawg

Premium Member
Jake,

We moved the washer again (figured we'd do that before we repair it), and when I opened the door, I found three bearings (about 3/8"). Does this mean there's more of a problem than just the bearings issue?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, possibly, three bearings were in the tub without you even taken it apart first, just from moving it?

Jake

farsidedawg

Premium Member
Sorry - my bad! Hubby pulled off the front panel, and the bearings were underneath the tub, not actually in it as I thought.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Are you sure they are the bearings? lots of times installers leave the shipping rings that look like bearings in the machine after its delivered new.

Only way to find out for sure is to take the machine apart and see.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, well at any rate you will need to take the machine apart to see whats going on.

Like I said you follow the directions I posted in the link and get the new bearings and seal and install them.

Jake