MAH4000AWW Maytag Neptune Washer Won't Spin/drain

Bonanza Driver

Premium Member
Model Number
MAH4000AWW
Brand
Maytag
Our Maytag Neptune washer suddenly stopped spinning/draining. Most everything else seems to work well. The drum does turn, but on the spin cycle it doesn't sound like it is turning fast. Clothes are literally saturated with water after the spin cycle. We've tried re-initiating the spin cycle on several different modes without success. We need to get this thing going quickly, so really appreciate all help.

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member

Bonanza Driver

Premium Member
It's Not the Pump

I moved the washer outside and hooked it up. All seemed to work fine, including the pump, until the final rinse cycle. The timer hung up on the last rinse and just kept running water through and turn back and forth. If I manually turned the knob to spin it would pump out the water, but never turned faster than the normal wash speed. Also, the door never locked. So I'm thinking control board, timer or both?

jeff1

Staff member
Is there a way to test the pump without replacing it?
You can remove it and visually check for crap inside, you can add a test cord and run the pump only.

jeff.

jeff1

Staff member
The timer hung up on the last rinse and just kept running water through and turn back and forth
The fill wouldn't stop?

I have seen this a couple of times....

A section of the printed circuit was burnt/corroded and had actually melted a bit of the plastic holder.....a short was created there :eek: keeping the fill valve energized.

burntMAH3000board.jpg burntMAH3000board2.jpg

jeff.

mfuji55