• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED MAH6700AWW Maytag Neptune Front Loader not draining

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
ND=No Drain.

You'll need to unplug your washer and pull it out from the wall, then remove the back access panel and remove the rubber hoses to it, becareful water may come gushing out, see if you can get a pan or pot to catch the water in.

Then remove the drain pump and check for something inside clogging it.

Here's the drain pump for your model:
Drain Pump WP34001320

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, good find.:)

Jake

jimijean

I am having an "ND" code issue with my Maytag Neptune MAH6700AWW, as well.

I have done everything as described above. I also found a penny. :) Made sure that the drain hose is clear and then put everything back together. The first test load, consisting of the towels that I used to clean up my mess from my initial investigation, I got the same error. I can hear the pump running, but still getting the error.

Once again, took the hoses off and removed the pump.

Removed the pump from the housing. Nothing apparently wrong with the impeller. There is about 1/8" of play between the impeller and the pump housing, which a call to a local appliance shop verified is normal. Hooked it up to the leads inside the washer and tested it with 'spin only' selected. The pump appears to be running normally.

Removed the black boot on the bottom of the washer, which attaches to the "IN" side of the pump. No obstruction found.

So, any ideas? There are no apparent obstructions and the pump appears to be functioning normally. Still getting the "ND" error code.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Here's the service manual for your model: View attachment 16026186.pdf

Read page 17 where it says clear diagnostic code. And see if it clears and runs normal, if not then since your pump is fine, that just leaves the control board as bad.

They make 3 different control boards for this model, whats the serial# of your washer?

Once you post the serial# I can link you to the one for your model.

Here's the control board for your model if your serial# starts with 10: 34001488 Service Assy Pcb Part

If you purchase parts from our links here and you install them and it doesn't fix the problem, you have a 365 day full refund when you ship them back.

Jake

Reynell

Premium Member
I have completed all of the above except for replacing the control panel... could you assist in telling me which one I need and approximate price? Serial # is 11025186GN Model # MAH8700AWW

Thank you so much..... slightly tired of going to the laundromat :)