Model Number
MAH6700AWW
Brand
Maytag
Maytag Washer
Model: MAH6700AWW
Serial# 14022621JT

Hi All.

Washer stopped with nd code. After reading other solutions on the forum - checked all hoses, connections - found a coin. Put it all back together - same nd.

Assumed it was the pump. Replaced the pump - still nd

I checked all the connections on the control panel... still no joy..

When the machine is attempting to drain I can here a click coming from the control panel but nothing happens.

Is replacing the control panel the next step / only option ?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Richard,

Yes, you'd need a new control board, but its No Longer Available for this model anymore.

Time to go washer shopping.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Post the serial number of your machine, and I can tell you.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

richardb

Premium Member
Thanks Jake.

Such a shame - outside of the issue - has been a great washer - and still looks and operates great.

I appreciate your assistance - have a great week.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks you too.

I'd shop for another new Maytag, since this is the only problem you've had in over 10 years.:)

Jake

valbird

Premium Member
I had the exact same problem. Including finding the right control board. But when I put the washer into drain in diagnostic mode, I could hear a relay click.

So I pulled the control board, which is potted with a silicone like material. The relays are all the same part number. I could not get the potting off the board to access the relay, so I cut the relay case open, and soldered 22ga wires to the old relay, and ran them to a new relay which I mounted with hot melt glue on a piece of duct tape I put on the control board. It worked. Listening to this washer, it cycles the drain pump many times, perhaps 20 times per load, so it is not a surprise that this relay got intermittent and eventually failed.

The relay? It was hard to find, and I had to buy 50 of them, but at least I got the problem fixed. If anyone needs the part number, or for that matter a relay, I may be able to help you. 49 are sitting in a bubble bag on my workbench.

Ah, this has been running since July of 2017. Sorry I missed this thread when it was fresh.

Lloydc123

I had the exact same problem. Including finding the right control board. But when I put the washer into drain in diagnostic mode, I could hear a relay click.

So I pulled the control board, which is potted with a silicone like material. The relays are all the same part number. I could not get the potting off the board to access the relay, so I cut the relay case open, and soldered 22ga wires to the old relay, and ran them to a new relay which I mounted with hot melt glue on a piece of duct tape I put on the control board. It worked. Listening to this washer, it cycles the drain pump many times, perhaps 20 times per load, so it is not a surprise that this relay got intermittent and eventually failed.

The relay? It was hard to find, and I had to buy 50 of them, but at least I got the problem fixed. If anyone needs the part number, or for that matter a relay, I may be able to help you. 49 are sitting in a bubble bag on my workbench.

Ah, this has been running since July of 2017. Sorry I missed this thread when it was fresh.
Yes I may could use one didn’t hear any clicking but fixing to hook pump up again only getting 95 volts to pump? I think it needs full 120 and something causing it not to get it. I hooked 120 to it and it ran fine