MAH8700AWW Have I lost my bearings?

Russo

Premium Member
Model Number
MAH8700AWW
Brand
Maytag
The washer is working fine, it's just getting louder in the high speed spin cycle. I'm wondering if that is most likely bearings (It is not banging or anything else, just humming) and if so, would the same bearings be replaced whether I get the front load tub bearing and seal repair kit or just get the rear tub. I guess I'm wondering if there are bearings other than those in the rear tub (Part Number 34001439) because, I'm ok with changing out the tub if that will solve all of my bearing issues, if in fact that is the problem. I have a video of the washer in spin cycle, but wasn't sure how to upload it because it's an .mov file.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
It sounds like a bearing problem. It's a common repair on that model. The rear tub comes up as no longer available: 34001458

To upload a video you'll need to make a youtube video and then post the url link in the "insert video " search field.

Russo

Premium Member
You tube link

Here is the you tube link to the video of the washer in spin cycle
https://youtu.be/vvlvVzt_GMM

Also, I found two tubs listed for my washer. Do you know which I'd need if the problem is the bearings? Or would either work?

Assy-Semi Tub Back: Part Number 34001439

Outer Tub, Rear: Part Number 34001458

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I don't know what the difference is between those two parts. RC says out of stock and APP says no longer available. My parts house says no longer available. ???

Russo

Premium Member
Rick, I appreciate you taking the time to help me with my washer. If you have a chance, can you look at the link to the you tube video. I'm just hoping for a professional opinion before I order any parts. Thanks again. Have a good weekend

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
What's the serial number of your washer?

If your washer serial number starts with "10, 11, 12, 13 or 14" this is the outer tub assembly you will need: WP34001439 Assy-Semi Tub Back

It's No Longer Available if your washer serial number starts with 15 or higher.

Jake