MAH8700AWW Maytag Neptune stalling and not draining

davidb67

Premium Member
Model Number
MAH8700AWW
Brand
Maytag
I have a Maytag Neptune MAH8700AWW that has been having issues for a few weeks. It started taking forever to finish a cycle, and then started giving me the "nd" message. I could still get it to finish by turning it off and restarting it in rinse and spin but it sometimes would take a few tries.

I replaced the drain pump because I couldn't find anything in it or in the in or out hoses. It is still doing the same thing though. When it starts to drain, I see water being pumped out, but then it stops about 5 or 10 seconds after it starts draining and just stalls. Then it will try again 5-10 mon after that with the same result. When it does say finished the clothes are still soaked and there is some water still in the bottom.

I am at a loss what it could be. Could it be the water level pressure sensor? Maybe the main board? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi David,

Its most likely the main control board that's gone bad, that board controls the drain pump.

Here's the main control board for your model: WP34001495 But Its No Longer Available.

Now's the best time to buy a new Maytag Washer, all the appliance stores are having their annual Memorial Day sales going right now.

Jake

davidb67

Premium Member
So, if I were to find the control board that would probably fix it? Any other possible parts causing it? Water level sensor?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Try this:

(MAKE SURE NO WATER IS IN THE TUB)

Remove power and the top panel, disconnect the air tube from the pressure switch and blow in the end of the tube. This would normally clear any sediment or debris that may build up on the inside of the air tube and restrict the airflow inside the tube and cause the pressure switch to act/operate erratically.

Let us know what happens.

Jake

davidb67

Premium Member
Still stalled out. Just sitting there with nothing happening. Should I just get the control board and replace it?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
If you want too, but since its over 10 years old, I'd consider a new Maytag washer, other parts are naturally wearing out as well, and it's only a matter of time till more parts start wearing out.

And if the control board is No Longer Available, don't get scammed by some idiot on ebay, that's happening a lot now. And I wouldn't buy a refurbished one for $150 that's way too much money.

Jake