• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Manitowoc Ice Machine URF01040A-161B Stopped Making Ice

ginky4

Premium Member
Model Number
URF0140A-161B
I have a 3 week old Manitowoc URF01040A-161B ice machine that worked perfectly for 3 weeks. Now it won't make any ice.

When I power the unit on the little wrench icon flashes red for a few seconds which indicates something is wrong.

Water flow seems to be ok but it does seem that the coils that make the ice cubes is no longer getting cold.

Those coils would freeze up to make the ice and then would dump into the 90lb bin and then would refreeze more ice.

The process seemed to take about 7 minutes to complete.

Not sure what could be the issue here. The unit is still under warranty. Just want to make sure I am not missing something.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

I've never had training on Manitowoc ice machines or I would help you, hopefully another tech. or member that has can shed some light on this for you.

But yes, its best to have a tech. come out under warranty in the meantime.:)

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks, that sounds good.:)

Jake

ginky4

Premium Member
So the tech came out today and said the fan motor is bad. 3 week old unit with a bad fan motor. Had to order the part. Will post back once it is repaired and is up and working.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good, thanks for the update!

Jake

ginky4

Premium Member
So the tech came out and did install a new fan motor. Everything is working again. Hard to believe a brand new machine would have a fan motor go bad after 3 weeks of use.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sounds good.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Hard to believe a brand new machine would have a fan motor go bad after 3 weeks of use.
Yes, that is true, but its better to have it go out under warranty, than out of warranty.:)

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.