Married 30 years and this is what I get

garydii

Maytag Model#MHWE400W

Have been with Whirlpool for over 20 years and never wanted to change, untill my last Anniversary which my husband and I (speaking for my Mother) are married now for 30 years. I have heard so many good things about Maytag, and was hesitant to change, but since I wanted a front end loader I figured I would go ahead and try it out. Overall cost including the hook-up was about 1700.00. Thats alot of money for a washer and dryer, but its worth it if Maytag proves to its name. And now, after the washer went bad almost 4 months after I purchased it, and was louder than my first washer and dryer 10 years ago and louder than my grandchild screaming at the top of her lungs. A very annoying, on-coming train like sound appeared to be heading towards my first priority to get it fixed within 1 month of it tearing up. As I was trying to find my warranty information and the phone number to call, I guess I just assumed that it wouldnt be too much of a problem since I did have a warranty and all, and well I guess I was wrong concerning that too. Maytag did NOT want to replace it, and I was pretty upset.Not only did this cost my husband, my family, my time, and especially the time from helping others, Maytag did not live up to their "Maytag Laundry Limited Warranty," their "First Year" Warranty from date of purchase, and this "incident" did not fall under the 10 limited warranty reasons for them to NOT cover it, so basically I did not see the reason why they would not fix it. Why? As my husband delt with this, and took care of it, I am also wondering, What if I did not have my husband to face this company, would I of had to pay for this? What about all of the Elderly out there? Do they take advantage of them? What about the Widows? Money, seems to get the best of all the "Corporations" today, and not it seems to be getting th best of the consumers. What a trip! I was with Whirlpool for 20 years or more, and the problems were few and far between. With Maytag for 4-6 months, and almost lost between 700.00 and 1,000.00. To whoever it may concern: Be very careful, especially if you are about to spend that much money. Make sure you really know what you are doing, just because they SAY or its in writing on the warranty, stilll doesnt mean they will follow through. Thanks for the opportunity to voice my opinion. Gary D II:mad:

wondering

Premium Member
Gary,

You do know that Whirlpool owns Maytag, so the problems you have had with the "Company" is actually Whirlpool. Maytag is just a name now, like Roper, or Admiral but all owned by Whirlpool.

I hope you get your machine repaired and it will last many years.