FIXED MAT12PDBAW Maytag Coin Op Washer not accepting coins and will not function

mountainbiker33

Premium Member
Model Number
MAT12PDBAW
Brand
Maytag
Hi guys! I am working on a Maytag Coin Op washer. It is an old school heavy duty design with a digital display.

It is not accepting coins as they are entered in to the receiver. It does not have a slide receiver. The display looks to be operating properly. But I can't seem to get it to do anything.

When I remove the coin tray, the display reads "1 03" and "2 63". I can only think that these may be codes. I don't have much experience with these digital coin ops so any help is appreciated.

I also was told that the valve was leaking on to the top of the control panel so I am prepared if the board may be dead.

Thanks so much guys!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi mountainbiker33,

I haven't worked on any Coin Op machines, but here's the parts diagram:

It may be the Coin Drop Mechanism that's bad:

When you click the link to the Coin Drop part you will see a Question and Answer section there, you can ask them, that may have more knowledge about these machines.

You can ask

mountainbiker33

Premium Member
Luke. I ended up replacing the coin tray. There is a control mode where you can run the machine and read codes. Those numbers I mentioned above were not codes if I remember correctly. However, If you do a google search, you should be able to find said documentation. I will follow up if I find it again. I looked up " Maytag MAT Coin Op Codes" and it lead me to some stuff.